Monday, May 15, 2006

Chuckle 1043

Chuckle 1043
(Today's chuckle thanks go to Bev L of Florence OR!)

( New Cadillac XLR. $77,295)

~Women Drivers~
(Plus: Today in History, Word for the Day and 6 Differences.)

I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph with her face up next to her rearview mirror putting on her eyeliner!! I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back, she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car, using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

Happy driving! ***

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm

____________________________________________________
(Click Today in History and learn.)

Today in history
____________________________________________________

Word of the Day for Monday May 15, 2006

multifarious \muhl-tuh-FAIR-ee-uhs\, adjective:Having great diversity or variety; of various kinds; diversified.

She is good at constructing a long, multifarious narrative, weaving many minor stories into one, so that you are left with a sense of the fluidity and ambiguity of historical interpretation.-- Jason Cowley, "It's bright clever... but the result is academic", The Observer, May 27, 2001

Men's opinions, accordingly, on what is laudable or blamable, are affected by all the multifarious causes which influence their wishes in regard to the conduct of others, and which are as numerous as those which determine their wishes on any other subject.-- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

But as he reached the verge of the lawn and vaulted the retaining wall there, crossed the flagstone walkway and started up the steps of the ad building, the multifarious marvel of his congested brain surprised him--the apes flew right out of his head and he was thinking about California.-- T. Coraghessan Boyle, Riven Rock
____________________________________________________
(Find the 6 differences, answers below)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home