Sunday, July 02, 2006

Chuckle 1090

Chuckle 1090
(Today's chuckle thanks go to Charles M of Bradenton FL!)

~ Worse Day of My Life ~ (2nd time around)
(Plus: Today in History and Word for the Day)

Worse day of my life: A little guy is sitting at the bar just staring at his drink for half an hour when this big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, grabs his drink and gulps it down in one swig. The poor little guy starts crying. "Come on man, I was just giving you a hard time," says the truck driver. "I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man crying." "This is the worst day of my life," says the little guy between sobs. "I can't do anything right. I overslept and was late to an important meeting, so my boss fired me. When I went to the parking lot, I found my car was stolen and I have no insurance. I grabbed a cab home but, after the cab left, I discovered my wallet was still in the cab. At home I found my wife in bed with the gardener. So I came to this bar trying to work up the courage to put an end to my life. . . And then you show up and drink the damn poison! ***

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm

____________________________________________________
(Click Today in History and learn.)

Today in history
____________________________________________________
Word of the Day for Sunday July 2, 2006

depredation \dep-ruh-DAY-shun\, noun:1. An act of plundering or despoiling; a raid.2. [Plural] Destructive operations; ravages.

. .the depredations of pirates and privateers on the high seas.-- Jacqueline Jones, American Work

Arguing for drastic measures, they cite the horrible depredations of drug addiction.-- Jacob Sullum, "Voodoo social policy: exorcizing the twin demons, guns and drugs", Reason, October 1, 1994

For the moment, Kioni remains a precious fragment of the old Mediterranean, the one that existed before the depredations of pollution and crass, exploitative development.-- Andrew Powell, "Hellenic heaven", Harper's Bazaar, August 1, 1994
_____________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home