Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chuckle 2411

Chuckle 2411
(Audrey N of Applegate CA gets today's chuckle thanks.)



~How to Start a Fight~ (Also; Quiz time and Maxine,

One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift... The next year, I didn't buy her a gift. When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!" And that's how the fight started.....
______________________________

My wife and I were watching “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” while we were in bed. I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have Sex?' 'No,' she answered. I then said, 'Is that your final answer?' She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes..' So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend." And that's when the fight started...
_____________________________________________________________

(Maxine from my own collection.)



______________________________________________________
Quiz Time:

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in Standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

Answers for 5 and 6:

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle....

_______________________________________________________________

(Have a great day)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home