Saturday, August 22, 2015

Chuckle 3906

Chuckle 3906
(Today’s Chuckle thanks go to Bev L of Mt Vernon WA)

~Young Children Writing About the Ocean~ (Plus: today in history, word for the day, todays horoscope, Maxine and 6 Diff’s)

6) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the
ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle
to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better
off eating beans. (William, age 7)

 7) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and
I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant?
            

 Like, really? (Helen, age 6)

 8) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is
always crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mom, and my big sister has
 
just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)

 9) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can
give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think
 
they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7) 

________________________________________________________________

 

(Today in History Click)
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history

(Sharpen your vocabulary by clicking Word for the Day)
www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day

(For today's Horoscope click Today's Horoscope)
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/8404539/

 _______________________________________________________________

Maxine



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
________________________________________________________________
Eye exercise time; Spot the 6 diff’s

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home