Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chuckle 3272

Chuckle 3272

(Rick of Surrey BC gets todays chuckle thanks.)

~I Want a Raise~ (Plus: today in history, word for the day, todays horoscope,
Maxine and Signs from Mac M)

Employee:
Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?


Boss:
Sure, come on in… What
can I do for you?
Employee:
Well sir, as you know, I have been an

employee of this prestigious
firm for over ten years.

Boss:
Yes.
Employee:
I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would
like a raise.
I currently have four companies after me and
so I decided to talk to you first.

Boss:
A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is

 just not the right time.
Employee:
I understand your position, and I know that the

 current economic down turn has had a negative
 impact on sales,
But you must also take into consideration my hard
work, pro-activeness and loyalty to this company
 for over a decade..

Boss:
Taking into account these factors, and considering

I don't want to start a brain drain,
I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and an
extra five days of vacation time.
How does that sound?
Employee:
Great! It's a deal Thank you, sir!


Boss:
Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies

are after you?
Employee:
Oh,
 the Electric Company, Gas Company,
Water Company and the Mortgage Company!
 _____________________________________________________________________________
(Today in History Click)
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history

(Sharpen your vocabulary by clicking Word for the Day)
www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day

(For today's Horoscope click Today's Horoscope)
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/8404539/
 
____________________________________________________________
 
(Maxine)

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
Signs from Mac M of Florence OR
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home