Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Chuckle 5609

Chuckle 5609 Classic Chuckle 754 sent out July of 2005 (Jayne in Florence OR gets today's chuckle thanks!) ~Cooking for Tom~ Plus Word for the Day MONDAY: It's fun to cook for Tom. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to lend me some extra bowls TUESDAY: Tom wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve without dressing. So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Tom brought a friend home for supper! WEDNESDAY: A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath anyway. I can't say it improved the rice any. THURSDAY: Tom asked for salad again today, so I tried a new recipe. It said prepare ingredients, then toss on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. Tom asked me why I was rolling around in the garden. FRIDAY: I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients in bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as when I left. SATURDAY: Tom did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday (oh boy). For some reason, Tom keeps counting to ten. SUNDAY: Tom's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. Much to my disappointment, it still came out hamburger. GOOD NIGHT DEAR DIARY This has been a very exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Tom If I can talk Tom in to buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with Chocolate Moose. _____________________________________________________ Word of the Day for Tuesday July 26, 2005 indelible \in-DEL-uh-buhl\, adjective: 1. That cannot be removed, erased, or washed away. 2. Making marks that cannot easily be removed or erased. 3. Incapable of being forgotten; memorable. It was part of his image, indelible as the ink stains under the breast pocket. --Mark Childress, “Gone for Good” ______________________________________________________________________________ (Today in History Click) http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history (Sharpen your vocabulary by clicking Word for the Day) www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day (For today's Horoscope click Today's Horoscope) http://www.prokerala.com/astrology/horoscope/ __________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home