Friday, July 07, 2006

Chuckle 1095

Chuckle 1095
(Today's chuckle thanks go to Sunny Mary of Los Osos CA!)
Note; I put this one in my unsent email archive on 7-7-04, just 2 years ago. Anyway here it is Mary!

~Dear Tide~
(Plus: Today in History, Word for the Day and 6 Differences.)

Dear Tide:

I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I have used it since the beginning of my married life, when my Mom told me it was the best.

Now that I am older and going through menopause, I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My unfeeling and uncaring husband started to berate me about how clumsy I was and generally started to become a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and I ended up with a lot of his blood on my white blouse. I tried to get the stain out by using a bargain detergent, but it just wouldn't come out.

After a quick trip to the supermarket, I purchased a bottle of Liquid Tide With Bleach Alternative. To my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out! In fact, the stains came out so well that the detectives came by yesterday and told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative.

Then my attorney called and said that I would no longer be considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband. It was quite a relief!

I thank you, once again, for having such a great product. Well, gotta go. I have to write a letter to the Hefty Bag people.

Signed,

A Relieved Menopausal Wife ***
____________________________________________________
(Click Today in History and learn.)
Today in history
____________________________________________________
Word of the Day for Friday July 7, 2006

genuflect \JEN-yuh-flekt\, intransitive verb:1. To bend the knee or touch one knee to the ground, as in worship.2. To be servilely respectful or obedient; to grovel.

After graduation I talked my way into a job at Ionic Development Corporation, a legendary place in Cambridge on the Charles River, a huge brick building with a lobby the size of a cathedral; every time I walked in, I felt as if I should genuflect.-- Daniel Lyons, Dog Days

People worship capital, adore its aura, genuflect before Porsches and Tokyo land values.-- Haruki Murakami, Dance Dance Dance (translated by Alfred Birnbaum)

Chen said recently he was proud to be a Chinese, a signal to Beijing that he is willing to be conciliatory. The communists, however, apparently want him to genuflect more unambiguously.-- Sin-Ming Shaw, "Give This Guy a Break!", Time Asia, October 30, 2000
____________________________________________________
(Find the 6 differences, answers below)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home