Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Chuckle 988

Chuckle 988
(Today's chuckle thanks go to Rich W of Scotts Valley CA!)

~If My Body Were A Car ~ (2nd time around)
(Plus: Today in History, Word for the Day and 6 Differences.)

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close. My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather. My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.

My fuel rate burns inefficiently. But here's the worst of it -- almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter.....either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires! ***

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm
____________________________________________________
(Click Today in History and learn.)

Today in history

____________________________________________________

Word of the Day for Tuesday March 21, 2006

aubade \oh-BAHD\, noun:A song or poem greeting the dawn; also, a composition suggestive of morning.

He was usually still awake when the birds began to warble their aubade.-- Christopher Buckley, "What was Robert Benchley?," National Review, June 16, 1997

And there he lingered till the crowing cock...Sang his aubade with lusty voice and clear.-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Emma and Eginhard
__________________________________________________________
(Find the 6 differences, answers below)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home