Monday, July 10, 2006

Chuckle 1098

Chuckle 1098
(Phyllis S of Pasadena CA gets today's chuckle thanks!)

~Harold, the Computer Guy ~ (2nd time around)
(Plus: Today in History and Word for the Day)

I was having trouble with my computer so I called Harold, the computer guy to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.

As he was walking away, I called after him, “So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An ID ten T error? What's that... in case I need to fix it again?"

Harold grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"

"No," I replied.

"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out." So I wrote down. I D 1 0 T

I used to like Harold! ***

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm
___________________________________________________
(Click Today in History and learn.)

Today in history
___________________________________________________
Word of the Day for Monday July 10, 2006

cap-a-pie \cap-uh-PEE\, adverb:From head to foot; at all points.

Yet it is increasingly hard to ignore other scientific predictions sashaying into the press dressed cap-a-pie in silver lining.-- Andrew Marr, "Skegness: not so much bracing as basking?", Daily Telegraph, January 14, 2004

The dress code was smart but informal and Cherie Blair cut an appropriately dark but bohemian figure dressed cap-a-pie in floor-length black leather.-- Cassandra Jardine, "Court of King Tony takes centre stage", Daily Telegraph, September 8, 2001

They are of one shade cap-a-pie, black as midnight and fleet of wing.-- M.D. Harmon, "Sorry, but it's true: Birds of a feather do flock together", Portland Press Herald, January 5, 2004

In another age, there would have been beheadings, clanging prison doors in the dark Tower; there would have been a second royal court with an army preparing to do battle, prancing steeds and knights armored cap-a-pie.-- Arnold Beichman, "Spellbinding farewell . . . and fantasy", Washington Times, September 10, 1997
___________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home