Monday, April 09, 2007

Chuckle 1371

Chuckle 1371
(Rich W of Pas Robles CA gets today chuckle thanks!)


~Lawyer and the State Trooper~
(Plus: Today in History, Word for the Day and 6 Differences.)

A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by an Arkansas State Trooper. The lawyer thinks that he is smarter than the trooper because he is a LAWYER and is certain that he has a better education. The lawyer decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the trooper's expense.

The trooper says, "License and registration, please."

The lawyer says, "What for?"

The trooper says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign."

The lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

The trooper says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign."

Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

Trooper says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please."

Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

Trooper says, "The difference is, you have to come to a complete stop, that's the law here in Arkansas....License and registration, please!"

Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and you can give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket."

Trooper says, "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir."

At this point, the trooper takes out his nightstick and starts beating the ever-lovin' crap out of the lawyer and says, "Do you want me to stop or just slow down?" ***

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm
________________________________________________________

(Click Today in History and learn.)
. Today in history
______________________________________________________

(Sharpen your vocabulary by clicking Word for the Day)
(Word for the Day)
________________________________________________________

Conversations from the book "Disorder in the American Courts"
sent to us by Sandy J of Florence OR.

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
______________________________________

ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.
_______________________________________________________

(Find the 6 differences, answers below.)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home