Friday, March 31, 2006

Chuckle 998

Chuckle 998
(Today's chuckle thanks go to Sister-in-law Joyce H of Sacramento CA!)


~I'm Not Really Grouchy~
(Plus: Today in History, Word for the Day and 6 Differences.)

I'm not really grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, lawyers, loud music, unruly kids, Jenny Craig and Toyota commercials, barking dogs, politicians and a few other things I can't seem to remember right now.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere. I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg. I'm having trouble remembering simple words like I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps. I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen? I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150? And, how can my kids be older than I feel sometimes? I'm a walking storeroom of facts… I've just lost the key to the storeroom door. Yes, I’m a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life!

Now if I could only remember who sent this to me, I wouldn’t send it back to them, but I would send it to many more! ***

______________________________________________________
(Click Today in History and learn.)

Today in history


_______________________________________________________

Word of the Day for Friday March 31, 2006

edacious \i-DAY-shus\, adjective:Given to eating; voracious; devouring.

Swallowed in the depths of edacious Time.-- Thomas Carlyle

Something that... will dismay edacious lips.-- "The late showman", Independent, August 21, 1999

Our... high-toned irritability, edacious appetites, and pampered constitutions.-- Isaac Taylor, Natural History of Enthusiasm
____________________________________________________

(Find the 6 differences, answers below)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home